Categories of Infographics (link to a very good explanation of each infographic)
- Visualized article
- Flow chart
- The timeline
- Useful bait
- Versus infographic
- Number porn
- Photo infographic
- Data vis
What methods are effective, in your professional opinion?
Since my profession is a classroom teacher, there are many effective methods to use infographics. Before this course I had no idea that many of these resources were called infographics so I have been using many of them for years. Being a continuous student has its benefits. The flow chart, timeline and versus infographic are some methods that are used quite often in the classroom.
- An infographic that conveys statistical information https://sites.google.com/a/tcea.org/ieducate/infographics
- An infographic that presents a choice or path to a decision http://digitalinasia.com/category/resources/
- An infographic that tells a story or provides information without relying on numbers http://designaction.org/2013/09/design-action-infographics/
- A commercial or marketing infographic http://www.statista.com/chart/1377/most-talked-about-brands-on-facebook/
- An infographic with three or fewer components http://www.boldapproach.org/component-programs-executive-summary